Tuesday, June 25, 2013


I have signed my updates “safe for the whole family, bloop, bloopp” lately, some people believe that is unfair, a cheap shot at “the river”, known to us old folks as WCVO. so I thought  I would explain. I love WCVO, it was greatly used in my life. I spent 15 years there, did everything from cleaning toilets to being General Manager.
God used wcvo to introduce me to some of my best life long friends, make me a better broadcaster but most importantly he used it to heal our broken marriage.
I hired the current general manager as a part time board operator and we remain friends to this day. Dan Baughman has done an unbelievable job. He successfully re branded WCVO to THE RIVER. It has become one of the top Christian stations in the country, we are blessed to have it.
All that said, I just can't listen to it, it bores me! No news in a time when Christians need to be informed. I don't need to hear how cute the announcers kids are or the latest taste treat! I want to hear what is happening around me, at least 5 minutes an hour. Current weather or time and temp? Forget it!
Ministry or teaching? Praying for people? All gone.
I have told the GM, how I feel,  THE RIVER is not for me, but, and this is a big but. It is not my station, I do not make programming decisions, and as I said, Dan has piloted THE RIVER to be one of the top stations of its kind in America.
My point? I believe a market the size of central Ohio needs a “full service” Christian radio station with live people on 24/7. Have you ever visited THE RIVER between 6 and 6 or on weekends? Can you say ghost town? Please pray we can have a full service radio station here.
Now for TV, not enough room here, but ask yourself what happened to WSFJ-TV (CHANNEL 51) And the millions donated to it? Good questions, stay tuned for next blog.
 
RICH godfatherSERVING THOSE WHO SERVE JESUS
PO BOX 64, PICKERINGTON, OHIO
43147-0064
WWW.finalflightministry.com
614-519-1638

No comments:

Post a Comment